What is a latex mattress?
So what exactly is the latex mattress. A lot of people enquire about how do people wake up fresh after sleeping on a latex mattress.
What is a Natural Latex Mattress?
Latex is naturally produced by the mother nature. It is made from the sap of rubber tree, Hevea Brasiliensis, which makes the latex mattress naturally elastic. The elasticity of any mattress is extremely crucial for the ability of the mattress to mold itself according to the shape of the body, whatever the sleeping position is. This allows the spine to be kept in its natural position, reducing excessive pressure on certain points of the body, ensuring enough healthy blood circulation during the sleeping hours.
What are the benefits of a natural latex mattress?
- Natural Origin- As it is made from the rubber tree, hevea Brasiliensis and therefore free from any harmful chemicals.
- Progressive support- Initially, latex feels comfortably soft but as you settle deeper in your mattress, it gives you a full support. That is why latex is an ideal product to provide back support. It contours around the body, keeping the alignment of the spine proper.
- Even pressure distribution for a good blood circulation.
- Elastic- It is made of a million of molecular bubbles, allowing you to move freely at night.
- Naturally anti-dust mite- It contains the properties of anti-microbial and anti-bacterial and therefore suitable for people with allergies.
- Good Breathability- It has the temperature comfortable and moisture absorbent. The latex mattress has an open cell structure and the ventilation holes allow you to sleep in a fresh environment.
- High Durability- Latex mattress lasts longer than the mattress made of other material such as spring and PU Foam.
What is an ideal firmness ??
Many people with back pain stereotype firmness of the mattress with relieving pain, which is ofcourse not true. What is required is not a rock hard mattress, but a mattress that is comfortable and firm enough to support your body. Here’s how to decide which mattress best suits you.
Human bodies are not flat. When a mattress is too hard, you sleep on top of it and you get no support. All weight will be supported by 2 pressure points, resulting in bad blood circulation.If the mattress does not contours around your body, it’s time for you to change your mattress.
Sagging in the mattress at the heaviest part of your body is what you get if your mattress is too old or low quality. Such mattress are highly not recommended because it does not give you the support that the body requires. If the mattress shows signs of sagging, it’s time to change your mattress.
The right mattress gives you both comfort and support. Initially, it feels soft and comfortable but as and when you sink deeper it gives you support to keep the spine in the right position and body pressure is distributed evenly. We call it progressive support. Such mattress contour around the body to give you enough support required.
The best recommended mattress according to the weight is
- <60 kilos- soft mattress of vita talaly collection
- 60-90 kilos- medium mattress of vita talalay collection
- >90 kilos- firm mattress of vita talalay collection
What are the health benefits of a good mattress?
To get a good night sleep, your mattress should support your spine and rejuvenate during your sleep. The support and contouring distribute the body weight evenly. Thus, pressure points are reduced significantly and blood circulation is improved. A good blood circulation is essential for your body. Hence, good and supportive mattress improve the quality of life, leaving you stay and fresh.